Chipotle has just released its famous guacamole recipe.
And the news comes just in time for the season – avocado and summer are pretty much synonymous. Of course, that’s why we told you about these 13 must-try avocado recipes yesterday.
And probably why the Mexican chain that we all know and love released its recipe this weekend for us all to try to replicate.
No more paying for extra guac when you can simply make it at home. Here’s how to do it Chipotle style according to the site:
THIS IS ALL YOU’LL NEED:
– 2 ripe Hass avocados (In the restaurant, we use 48 per batch, multiple times per – day)
– 2 tsp lime juice
– 2 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
– 1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
– 1/2 jalapeño, including seeds (finely chopped)
– 1/4 tsp kosher salt
HOW TO DO IT:
1. Choose the right avocado. It should feel squishy yet firm (like the palm of your hand), and be a nice dark green color on the inside.
2. Cut the avocado in half and the remove the pit (carefully!)
3. Scoop the avocados and place in a medium bowl.
4. Toss and coat with lime juice.
5. Add the salt and using a fork or potato masher, mash until a smooth consistency is achieved.
6. Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
7. Taste the guacamole (over and over) and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Images courtesy of Chipotle