@FoodbyMaria is satisfying your salty carb-filled craving with her Twice Baked Chinese White Sweet Potato recipe. These wedges make for the perfect snack and put to shame the basic french fry.
French fries are a cult classic and a Notable Life team go-to. It’s impossible to not love fries, but the feeling you have after eating a box of them is another story. This vegan potato recipe is not only a beautiful combination of flavours, but will leave you feeling satisfied without the sodium bloat.
They’re exactly what you want to munch on as a party snack, for a park picnic or simple side dish. After putting together this recipe, you’ll never see the potato the same and you’ll know who to blame when you get a little too addicted.
- 2 Chinese White Sweet Potatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped dill
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander
- 2 sprigs of green onion, chopped
- 3 wedges of lemon, juiced
- 3 tbsp EVOO
- salt and pepper to taste
- Tahini Drizzle
See recipe for Maria’s Tahini Drizzle here:
- 2 large tbsp Tahini
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Juice of one lemon
- pinch of salt and pepper
- ½ tsp of garlic powder
- 3 tsp water – add to reach your desired consistency
Add all ingredients, apart from the water to a bowl and stir gently – I used a spoon but a mini whisk is cool. Slowly add water to thin out the sauce. Add as much or as less as you desire!
- Cover both potatoes with tin foil and bake for 20 minutes at 375
- Remove potatoes from oven, and then set them aside to cool, or till warm enough to handle with your hands!
- Now cut them into wedges, or similar to how did (wedges but halved).
- Add all the ingredients (save around 1/4 cup of the fresh herbs for garnish), but the lemon juice and potatoes, to a large bowl and stir well.
- Add potatoes to the bowl, and using your hands make sure all the potatoes are fully coated with this awesomeness!
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Now bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes at 375, and if you want that extra bit of crispy you can finish them off in the oven using the broil setting for a couple minutes!
- Transfer the parchment paper topped with the wedges to a tray or board of some sort. I garnished with the remaining 1/2 cup of herbs, lemon juice, Vegan Parmesan Cheese and my Tahini Drizzle.
Get ready to pull a Spencer after making these babies!