As works in progress, trial-and-error-ing young professionals (YPs), there are many days when we could all use a boost, an inspiring message of understanding and a few words of encouragement. Often, though, we just don’t have the time (nor desire) to engage in lengthy chats with mom, to dive into the latest self-help ebook, or rally our pals for a power pump-up sesh. Sometimes, we just want to scroll through our social media and come upon an uplifting quote or a profound meme that captures just how we’re feeling, offers a new way of thinking about it, and helps us quickly get on with our downer day. We get that! But the world of motivational social media accounts is a vast one, ranging from the cheesy and cringeworthy to the fanatical and crazy. So for those YPs looking to add some daily inspiration to our various newsfeeds, but of the more balanced and practical variety, we’ve done the digging and have come up with a few notable accounts worth following today:
1. Personal Development : Offering quick pick-me-ups from some of the greatest motivators in history, about relationships, leadership, the future, and the self, this account tweets quotes hourly and around the clock.
“@PersDevQuotes: Don’t wait. The time will never be just right. »Napoleon Hill”
2. Russell Simmons: The major hip-hop mogul has joined the mindfulness movement, tweeting inspiring words of wisdom about finding peace, building resiliency, and developing the self within a busy professional life.
“@UncleRush: Compassion is the ultimate expression of your highest self ?#SuccessThroughStillness”
3. Entrepreneurs: Whether you’re a budding business owner or just looking to take leadership of your own life, this account provides continual rah-rah-rah to get you feeling pumped and powerful.
“@EntrepreneursQ: If you can’t find the keys to success, pick the lock.”
4. Motivational Quotes : Simple and effective, Motivational Quotes serves up hourly tweets that push and inspire as well as comfort and console.
“@DavidRoads: If you figured it all out today, what would be the point of tomorrow? ENJOY the process of being a work in progress.”
1. @Rodeoand5th: Many YPs find motivation from dreaming big. If spectacular photos of the high life (i.e. the most amazing homes and cars you’ve ever seen) inspire you to keep up the hard work, give Rodeo&5th a follow.
2. @Aoadnow: Acting on a Dream is a community of people, including many young professionals, sharing their hopes and dreams in amusing thought bubbles. Find mutual understanding and support as well as inspiring musings and perspectives from people just like us.
3. @Achievetheimpossible: Where tried and true quotes meet colourful graphics and inspiring landscapes, but in a cool way, this account offers a gorgeous dose of both brilliance and beauty.
4. @Nomagme: If jaw-dropping photos of soaring birds, spectacular mountains, and powerful polar bears are what get your heart beating and your mind moving, then Nomagazine is an inspiring account totally worth following. Go take a look and you’ll know just what we mean.
1. Positively Positive: Don’t let the title fool you; it’s not all rainbows and sunshine over at Positively Positive. Quotes, offered every few hours, are honest, practical, and profound.
“A thousand words will not leave so deep an impression as one deed.” – Henrik Ibsen
2. The Mind Unleashed: Sharing a mix of positive news, motivational stories, inspiring quotes, with a bit of realism and rebellion just for good measure, this page is a potpourri of encouragement and empowerment.
“I am still learning.” – Michelangelo, age 87
3. Daily Inspiration and Motivation: The name says it all. If you’re looking for a kick in pants in between all the status updates and baby pictures, this page is for you.
“You need to learn how to select your thoughts just the same way you select your clothes every day. This is a power you can cultivate.” – Elizabeth Gilbert (Eat, Pray, Love)
4. Sungazing: This popular page offers easy, uplifting quotes, along with photos and stories about the beauties of the world and a few cute animal videos too (and who doesn’t love those?)
“What you allow is what will continue.”
#LYNL | (Live Your Notable Life)