‘Tis the season to be giving, young professionals, and Uber has created a system that even the busiest of us can’t say no to.
Leucan, an association whose mission is to help cancer-stricken children and their families believe in a brighter future, and the newly-launched Uber Montreal, teamed up to collect and distribute toys for children fighting cancer during the holidays.
How easy is it? You collect the toys and they will bring the UberSLEIGH to your office or home to pick them up. Uber app users and Montrealers will be able to donate toys to Leucan’s children who will be in the hospital on Christmas Day. On December 19th, Uber’s reindeer will sweep in and collect presents at each donor’s door on demand. Then, Leucan’s special elves will distribute the gifts to children at CHU Sainte-Justine and Montreal Children’s Hospital on Christmas morning. If that doesn’t make a tear sparkle in your eye, we don’t know what will.
Here’s how it works:
1. Download the Uber app for iPhone, Android, or BlackBerry7
2. Between 9:00am – 5:00pm on Thursday, December 19th, request the “UberSLEIGH” option via the app for FREE.
3. An UberSLEIGH will roll up to your office or home to collect your toys and hook you up with some special holiday goodies.
4. Keep in mind, UberSLEIGHs will be in high-demand, so please be patient!
What kind of toys are the elves looking for?
– New and unwrapped toys, so the Leucan team can sort them for boys and girls
– Value between $20 and $25
– Non-violent toys
– For sanitary and health purposes, they will not be accepting any food or stuffed animals.
Let’s all pitch in and give this season the notable way; after all, that’s what the holidays are for. Follow the #UberSLEIGH to keep up with the drive across North America!