Today’s Notable Young Professional is Sharon Stokes, whose passion lies in helping others live their lives to the fullest potential. We caught up with her to find out how she achieves that and what advice she would share with other young professionals…
1. Describe what you do in less than 140 characters. Go.
I’m a Life Fulfillment Coach, inspiring and motivating people to live their best life! I created #theyearofsharon on Instagram to inspire people to step out of their comfort zone and embrace opportunities. I’m also a TV producer and a fitness instructor.
2. What was the inspiration for your career route?
As a coach, the real epiphany came when I was invited to a one-day relationship seminar. I knew I always loved working with people, but it wasn’t until I felt the overwhelming energy in the room, and I saw how inspired everyone was, that everything clicked and I realized without a doubt that this is the career that spoke to me on every level.
3. What is the most memorable milestone in your career so far?
I’ve had the privilege and opportunity to work with Matthew Hussey (best-selling author, coach and media personality) at his lifestyle retreats. The energy that’s exuded from the women who attend is extremely contagious. To see their transformation over a period of five days, and know I’ve had a hand in that, is truly rewarding. I also love witnessing a twinkle in someone’s eye after asking them a question that made them have an epiphany of their own.
4. Where do you see yourself in 5 years, 10 years, 20 years?
I am a big dreamer and have many plans percolating in my head. However, I know the path I’m going down never stays straight. All I can say for sure is to keep an eye out for me 😉
5. Do you have any advice for other young professionals?
Be genuine, have integrity, and always smile! There may be other people out there doing what you do, but only you can do you, and that’s how you will attract your clientele.
6. Do you support any charities? If so, which one(s) and why is it (or they) important to you?
I don’t at the moment, but one day I would love to support any charities geared towards helping animals.
7. What does the word notable mean to you?
Notable to me means someone who is making a difference and standing out in someway.
1. Where is your favourite place to wine/ dine in your city and why?
I’m going to be honest – when it comes to picking restaurants or even what I feel like eating, I’m the worst! (I’m that girl who gets her meals delivered). But right now if I do go out, I have one of my foodie friends taking me to different restaurants all over the city, introducing my palette to lots of new tasty things. Most recently I’ve enjoyed The Harbord Room, Gusto, and Mamakas Tavern.
2. What’s the most visited website on your Internet browser?
Google is my BFF.
3. Who’s one person you think everyone should be following on social media?
Ellen – she just always makes me laugh
4. What’s your favourite cocktail?
I’m not a big drinker, but if I do partake in a beverage I usually opt for a good ol’ vodka soda or a glass of wine.
5. What gives you the greatest FOMO?
If it’s a nice day I always feel like I should be outside basking in all its glory. I get really anxious when my day doesn’t allow me to do that.
6. What would be your last meal? And don’t hold back…
A cheeseburger from P&L, Burgers Priest, or Five Guys
7. What’s your guiltiest pleasure?