It’s the biggest shopping day of the year.
Yeah, we sort of said that about Black Friday. It’s a shopping sensation that is catching on up north, but in Canada, Boxing Day is near and dear to the hearts of our retailers.
And the people of Vancouver will be out in droves.
For young professionals, we know you’re already well-seasoned when it comes to hitting up the usual suspects: Pacific Centre, Oakridge Centre, and Robson Street if Zara, J Crew, and Club Monaco interest you.
But, here are six more options to add to your list of Boxing Day stops:
1. The Room, The White Space at the Bay, and, you know, just the entire six floors of Hudson’s Bay Downtown Vancouver in general. It’s not only the biggest location in the area, it also has the best selection. The big box department stores have the capability to go hard on markdowns and naturally, they offer the greatest variety. From a KitchenAid mixer to Alexander Wang booties, you really can’t go wrong.
2. If you’re into vintage and independent brands head to Main Street. The street is lined with cute Cafes and coffee shops to grab a bite in between shopping. F As In Frank, Magpie, Book Warehouse, Front & Company, and 8th + Main are just a few of our favourites to cruise.
3. The shoe section at Holt Renfrew Vancouver is going to be madness. Repeat. Madness. We mean it. Luckily for shoe fanatics in the city, the most shopped department in the entire store will get an upgrade in the next couple of years. The deals on these designer shoes are worth throwing a few elbows for. Just don’t get caught.
4. The Cross Décor & Design, Chintz & Company, Villa Bleu Interiors, WANT Apothecary, and L’Atelier Home are some of current favourites for interior inspiration whether it’s something small or an investment purchase. WANT also has a broader range that includes beauty and fashion buys, too.
5. Roden Gray boasts some of the best menswear brands in the city. The buyers are ahead of the trend bringing brands like Buscemi, Common Projects, and Sacai to the city even before the big guys. While the discounts may not be as deep for this premiere boutique, even savings of 20% on stuff you see on the pages of GQ will make your wallet happy.
6. For the sneaker freak looking to scoop up extra kicks to add to the collection, head to Dipt and Livestock. Both are known for their Boxing Day Sales – expect a crowd. Dipt will most likely start their online sale right at midnight while both will have extended hours to make sure everyone has a chance to snag what they want
Cover image from: Holt Renfrew