There’s no sweeter breakfast than pancakes, especially when that breakfast is on Mother’s Day and the pancakes are @FoodbyMaria’s sweet potato recipe.
Some of the best childhood memories are those that include the smelling of pancakes in the morning and running to the kitchen to smother them in syrup and chocolate chips. So what better way to treat your mama or self this weekend than with a pancake breakfast, you won’t even guilty about afterwards.
In the FoodbyMaria residence I decided to whip up something different. Sweet Potato Pancakes. You heard that right! I came up with this recipe after an intense cardio workout so it is made to fuel. It also includes a balanced level of sugar (hence the immense amount of cinnamon) because I didn’t want a sugar crash or over indulge.
Whether you need something to spoil your mother with this weekend, or you’re just on the hunt for that perfect post workout meal, these sweet cakes are worth a try!
- Wet ingredients:
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 chia eggs ( 4 tbsp chia, 10 tbsp warm water)
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- Dry ingredients:
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1½ tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- a bit more agave
- and my homemade chocolate
- Into two medium sized mixing bowls combine the dry, and wet ingredients. Stir them both till you reach a well combined consistency.
- Now combine the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and stir just till all the ingredients are married. Do. Not. Over. Stir.
- Preheat pan, dusted with coconut oil spray on medium heat and begin to our 1 heaped tbsp dollops onto the pan. Cook for around 1 minute on each side, or until you see fitted! They should be super fluffy.
- Repeat that step until you have cooked all your pancakes. This recipe yielded 12 pancakes.