@FoodByMaria’s vegan avocado and bean tacos are the perfect meal for Cinco De Mayo! This plant-based recipe is full of flavour and can transport your taste buds to Mexico in less than 30 minutes.
Avocados and refried beans are the highlight of this Taco dish. Vegan Tacos are an easy meal, when looking to add plant based options into your diet, not to mention there will be no shortage of flavour or protein thanks to the beans. What really makes this taco recipe standout is how simple and time efficiant it is. When vegetables are the main ingredient time is cut short and depending on what you already have prepped in your kitchen, this recipe could take you only around 10-20 minutes to make.
I recommend making homemade Guacamole for the tacos, see my recipe below.
- 2 guacamoles
- 3 tbsp EVOO
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- juice of one lemon and one lime
- 4-5 cherry tomatoes (the little, littles ones)
- 1 cup cilantro
Add all your ingredients into a blender, and simply blend, then enjoy!
- 6 tortillas
- 1 can refried beans, homemade is great too!
- your favourite meat substitute, I used more beans and some Textured Vegetable Protein!
- 2 avocados
- 1 cup fresh sprouts
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup kimchi, I know, I am weird
- Preheat you oven to 300F
- Place your tortillas onto a sheet pan lined with parchment and set aside.
- Into a small pan add your refried beans and cook till completely hot throughout.
- In the meantime prepare your sprouts, cilantro and tomatoes by washing, and roughly chopping into bite sizes!
- Prepare your favourite guacamole using the avocado (I will write mine above) and save some for garnish!
- At the last minute add your tortillas to the oven for around 3 minutes, or till warm enough for you!
- Simply prepare by layering your beans, protein, veg and guac!
- They are that easy!