What better way to start you body’s springtime detox than with curry? As one of the world’s most healing meals, this curry recipe from @FoodByMaria will give your body the boost it needs to rejuvenate itself for the season ahead.
This rejuvenating sweet + spicy curry will help your skin glow, make your stomach happy and energize your body with its anti-inflammatory ingredients and spices.
This rejuvenating sweet + spicy curry is filled with beautiful and exotic spices — like paprika, cumin and chilli powder —which are extremely important for your diet and integral to minimizing inflammation. Not only do they taste amazing in food but they are amazing for your skin, digestive system and for our immunity!
See the healtheist Sweet + Spicy Lentil Curryrecipe below.
- For the rice:
- 2 cups white rice
- 6 cups boiled water (or enough to cover rice by 2 inches)
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 1 tsp. himalayan sea salt
- For the Curry:
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 medium white onion, cubed
- 1 tbsp. sweet yellow curry powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. ginger powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. red chilli pepper powder
- 2 cups puree tomatoes, no added sugar or salt – could also use cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 can red lentils, strained and washed
- 3 cups spinach
- 1 cup coconut milk – from a can
- Into a pot add your ingredients for the rice. Follow cooking ingredients. I like my rice creamy and rich for this dish but fluffy is great too!
- Into a larged sized frying pan add your coconut oil and heat for 30 seconds.
- To the oil add your onions and cook down on medium heat for 5 minutes. Occasionally stir.
- Add all your spices and give a good stir.
- Now add your tomatoes, tomato paste, and water. Cook down for 5-10 minutes until you reach your desired “thick” consistency.
- Add your strained lentils and cook on low for another 10 minutes.
- Now add your coconut milk and cook for yet another 5 minutes.
- At the last minute add your spinach.
- Garnish with some citrus, coriander and almonds!