This pizza with vegan cauliflower crust is so delicious and satisfying even though there is no cheese, meat or tomato sauce involved.
This recipe for vegan cauliflower pizza crust will not disappoint. The crunchiness of the crust, the richness of the pesto, the tang of the parm cheese, and the creaminess of the avocados are perfectly paired, and so indulgent but in the best way possible!
This cauliflower pizza crust will be perfect with a side of hot sauce or a nice cold brew.
Keep scrolling for Food by Maria’s easy recipe for vegan cauliflower pizza crust.
- 5 cups chopped cauliflower (about 1 medium head)
- 2 chia eggs (2 tbsp chia, 5 tbsp warm water), or ½ cup egg whites
- 3 tbsp. grated vegan parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup parsely
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup pesto
- 1 avocado
- sesame seeds
- nutritional yeast
- pine nuts
- finely chopped red beets (raw)
- – use as much or as little of these topping ingredients as you like! experiment, and use what you know you like!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Steam cauliflower (chopped), for 10 minutes.
- Once steamed, set aside, and cool.
- Make your chia eggs, combine both ingredients, and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Now add cauliflower to a food processor, and pulse, in batches if needed till you reach a course,
- “wet” bread crumb like consistency.
- Now add the cauliflower to a large bowl, and add the remaining crust ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Now transfer the mixture onto the parchment paper and begin to form a crush using your hards. The crust should be about ¼inch thick, but do what you like!!
- Bake until brown and golden should be about 35 minutes.
See how the process is done with Deliciously Ella’s video guide to a vegan cauliflower pizza crust.