They say time flies when you’re having fun, right? I definitely agree. I’d also, venture to say that the same holds true for when you’re making a difference for your peers, colleagues, and community at large, and when you’re living a life every day that you are truly passionate about. It feels less like work and more like a purpose.
To tell you the truth, I woke up at 7am today to get a lot of work done and didn’t even realize until about 15 minutes ago what today is, other then what could be the most amazing day ever. I guess that’s what happens when you’re engaged by your work …
Well Ladies & Gents, time flew by. Today is our 3-Year Anniversary.
First off, thank you for all of your support, reading our articles, watching our videos, commenting (tweeting, sharing), attending our events, and believing in the Notable.ca concept. When I left an amazing job in Silicon Valley to move back home to Toronto, it wasn’t an easy decision, but I knew that this concept of creating the go-to online destination for notable young professionals across Canada to call their own, was needed. A brand that encouraged our generation to kick-ass in our professional lives, live a full social life, get involved with different charities, and experience all of the fun things that come with being a part of the Gen X/ Gen Y generation had to be created; once I realized this I knew it was time to make a move.
Today is our 3-Year? I find it hard to believe, but yet, so believable. Countless memories, triumphs, tribulations, wins, and a couple of losses, have been experienced over the years.
The wins never went to our heads and the losses didn’t bring us down.
We kept pushing forward at all times, through thick and through thin. If you want to know what that looks like, just look around Notable.ca and you’ll see. I suggest watching this video of the Notable Awards, it really does a great job of bringing everything together in a cohesive way.
Without a doubt 2012 will be our best year yet. No question. Here is just a sample of what you can expect:
– We always put our readers first and for that reason our content is better then ever! This year you can expect more notable young professional columnists to be sharing their insider tips, insights, and happenings in various fields that us YPs want to know about. Some of our popular new features are Executive Reads, YPStyle, #TheUpsideNow (my column), Celeb 360, and Boutique Street.
– Our readers asked us for more events; they like networking with other notable young professionals – can you blame them? We listened. And we are delivering on that request with at least 1- 2 events each month.
– We’re expanding. Our team has grown all across Canada, with Notable Nationwide and editions in Toronto, Montreal (French coming soon), Vancouver, and Calgary. More cities launching soon.
– Our ongoing partnerships with some of Canada’s most forward-thinking media companies like Metro, Zoom Media, and Huffington Post, have blossomed in to engaging cross-platform and unique content experiences.
– Not to mention our incredibly forward-thinking clients that have worked with us over the years, we thank you for being open to our ideas and believing in the Notable.ca brand.
Overall, we will continue to make living the optimal YP-Life, from professional to social, and everything in between, easy and seamless to navigate.
2012 is going to be Notable, my friends. Thank you for your continued support and encouragement. Since day 1 Notable has always been about you; our fellow YPs and it always will be.
Here’s to the next year!
Founder and Editor-in-Chief, Notable.ca
PS: We’d love to hear from YOU! Let us know your favourite articles on the site, events we’ve hosted, categories, YPs we’ve featured, or anything else you care to share – just click here and leave a comment on our Facebook page!