In just two years, ILIA Beauty has grown from a range of lipsticks being carried in a single Gastown boutique to global access in notable retail spots. And that growth includes the line, especially with the step into serious face products. The premiere of those, Sheer Vivid Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20, lands in stores this week.
A few reasons why this newbie is the one we will be reaching for:
1. Double-duty: A girl on the go needs products that pack power. Aloe vera, white tea, rosemary extract, coconut oil, avocado oil and sesame seed oil round out some of the key ingredients that pump up, moisturize, fight free radicals, and calm the skin.
2. It’s a match: While there are only six shades to choose from, the options surprisingly accustom to even the trickiest of skin tones for a seamless look. Plus, the new Tinted Moisturizers are named after the sand found at the world’s most exquisite beaches. We don’t mind feeling – and looking – like we just came back from spending days on Bali’s Lovina beach.
3. Sun protection even in dreary Canadian cities in the winter – when you think you may not see sunshine for a while – should be a daily part of your regimen. And no one likes wrinkles. SPF is included, ticking off yet another box on our list of what we seek in genius products.
4. The No Makeup Look: it’s the biggest beauty look of the season and this tinted moisturizer is the one you need to perfect it. The semi-matte formula, specifically created by founder Sasha Plavsic, avoids an oily appearance while creating dimension in the spots it should. Her tip: ditch the brush or sponge: apply Sheer Vivid Tinted Moisturizer with your fingers.
5. The packaging gets us. There is nothing granola or juvenile about this natural collection. It’s a serious beauty buy that does serious good – makeup and what we put on our skin is an investment. Chic and modern, we love the minimalist approach of ILIA.