This is what paradise looks like.
Gili Lankanfushi in the Maldives is set upon a divine coral island surrounded by nothing but crystal-clear, aqua-tinted ocean paradise. I has a ‘no news, no shoes’ policy, which roughly translates to ‘enforced relaxation’.
Yesterday, TripAdvisor named the serene hidden sanctuary the best hotel in the world. The decision was based on the quality and quantity of traveller reviews of more than 8,100 properties in eight regions.
The hotel is comprised of 45 stilted villas, some of which are only accessible by boat, and recently installed the region’s largest floating solar panel to become a more eco-friendly resort.
Amenities include some of the best diving in the world, luxurious day beds, personal entertainment centres, and quite possibly the best restaurant atmosphere you’ll ever experience.
No five-star hotel would be complete without five-star cuisine, which you’ll find an abundance at Gili Lankanfushi.
Rates start at $1,000/night – but can you really put a price on this kind of romance?
Oh, and of course’s there’s a private butler service.
These are the Top 10 Hotels in the World, according to TripAdvisor:
1. Gili Lankanfushi Maldives, Lankanfushi
2. Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
3. Shinta Mani Club Siem Reap, Siem Reap, Cambodia
4. Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, Budapest, Hungary
5. Belmond Palacio Nazarenas, Cusco, Peru
6. Cocoa Island by COMO, Cocoa Island
7. Hotel Alpin Spa Tuxerhof, Tux, Austria
8. Al Maha Resort & Spa, Murqquab, United Arab Emirates
9. Hotel Estalagem St Hubertus, Gramado, Brazil
10. Tambo del Inka, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Urubamba, Peru