It’s that time of year again.
You know – the end of it.
So naturally, we like to sit back and reminisce about everything that came together to make 2014 a year to remember. Which definitely includes considering the newest notable restaurants on the block.
Each of restaurants listed below brought something innovative and fresh to the table. From Belgian waffles and lavender tea to teppanyaki-style creations, these are our favourite new Vancouver restaurants and bars of 2014…
1. Those airy lightweight Belgian waffles and a lavender latte. The Medina Cafe currently reigns as the place to brunch – long line-up and all. Moving to a new, bigger space under the L’Hermitage Hotel, it’s the same great taste with a comfortable and quaint vibe.
2. We have to admit, we were excited for the Opus Bar to come back. And in just a few short weeks, it’s become the place to start your night. Or end it.
3. The Settlement Building has become a hot spot over the past year, and Belgard Kitchen opening their doors has a lot to do with that. Aside from their overstuffed sandwiches and burgers, we equally love the industrial-meets-romantic ambience.
4. Bella Gelateria opening a second location in Yaletown has proven to be a hit. We admit to having gone back multiple times for the combo of the Diavola pizza and Fior De Latte gelato while sitting on the sidewalk patio enjoying a water-facing view.
5. Boulevard Kitchen & Oyster Bar opened in the Sutton Place Hotel in 2014 with a bang. The sprawling dining room space and top tier service offer a new spot to celebrate special occasions.
6. Opened this year by parent company, Aburi Restaurants of Canada, Gyoza Bar brought a contemporary feel to a classic menu injected with locally sourced ingredients – and no MSG. Think urban west coast vibe with teppanyaki-style creations.
7. Course after course, we are continuously impressed by Chambar. And this summer, “The New Chamber” only became even bigger and better. Open all day serving lunch, brunch, tapas, and dinner, find a seat on the sun filled patio come spring.
8. Yes, you can still find the actual Juice Truck stationed in Gastown but their new Cafe and concept space on 5th has welcomed the community with both healthy eats and a ton of collaborations that include everything from yoga to cooking classes.
Cover image by: The Boulevard