The summer of 2018 is quickly being recognized as “the summer of self-love.”
This means bathing in a bit of self-indulgence instead of self-tanner. Whether it’s taking some time out of each day to commend yourself for being you, or diving head first into a month-long challenge, it is important to thank your biggest supporter in life: YOU!
Low self-esteem is most commonly being seen in millennials within the past decade. Nearly 53% of Canadians living in Ontario over age 25 struggle with low self-esteem, according to Statistics Canada. This issue affects us all in some way, so why not start making a difference in your own life with these easy day-to-day activities for a summer that your body will forever show you gratitude for.
How do you start your summer rejuvenation? It’s simple, try and tackle one of these efficient tasks every day!
- 1. Get more sleep: everyone needs at least 7.5-8 hours of sleep each night to be fully functional during the day.
- 2. Take up exercising: this can be as simple as a walk, but something that gets you up and out of the house.
- 3. Write in a journal: whether it be about what’s happening in your day-to-day or a list of five things you love about
yourself, just put that pen to paper and write.
- 4. Go to the beach: water is the best medicine for the soul!
- 5. Meditate: experts say the best time to do this is in the morning before you start your day.
6. Spend time in nature:go for a hike, a walk, take a picnic to the park, or even go for a drive.
7. Try to get some alone time: It is crucial to spend time with yourself doing the things you love.
8. Watch the sunrise: even better set with a cup of coffee.
9. Do some de-cluttering: whether it be in your headspace or physically. The act of cleaning produces a sense of clarity.
10. Buy yourself some flowers: who said you need anyone else to show you your appreciated?
- 11. Unplug: from technology for the day.
12. Drink 8+ cups of water a day: water cleanses the toxins in your body.
13. Listen: to your favourite summer songs.
14. Take yourself out: go for dinner or ice cream. It is one of the most liberating feelings to sit and feel content in your own company.
15. Love your body: take a bath, light a candle, get dressed up in something that makes you feel good.
It is important to take care of yourself because you are the most valuable person in your life. Take the time and give back to your body and your mind, it will thank you!