The Plateau Mont-Royal is considered by many to be one of the hippest neighbourhoods in North America – where friends gather to drink, eat, attend concerts or just chill out. Culture and the arts are an integral part of its makeup and this is well reflected in its architecture. Nothing ceases to amaze me about the striking clash between contemporary and historic buildings in the Plateau. Not only is the Plateau Mont-Royal a place of great character, intellectuals and artists live here together in a warm and friendly atmosphere.
Property for Sale: Durocher street – $595,000 (pictured above)
This award-winning house built in 1887 was divided into four condominimums. This magnificient upper ground floor apartment, in the heart of the McGill Ghetto, has an awesome backyard (where you can host the same kind of parties you did as a university student).
There is also a parking spot! (That’s right, ladies and gents, parking in the Plateau). You’ll never feel old by living on the bustling corner of Durocher and Milton, just next to the campus, and gladly reminisce on those days when you dreamed to become the young professional you are today.
– Open concept layout of 1,352 square feet with ceilings at 11ft high.
– In the spacious living room you have a mahogany mantel fireplace.
– The kitchen, newly renovated with appliances, features a brick wall and a skylight above the kitchen counter, which brings in lots of light.
– Original moldings as well as a fireplace with a mahogany mantel in the master bedroom.
– There are two bathrooms, one with a bath and one with a large size shower, both featuring a brick wall.
– Original oak floors throughout.
– Landscaped garden with a hedge of roses covering the fence, which gives a feeling of being in the country.
Property for Rent: St-Dominique – $2,000
It will be hassle-free for you to move into an apartment such as this one. In no time you will call this SoHo-ish, semi-posh, trendy neighbourhood home. St-Dominique Street is steps away from Montreal’s Boulevard St-Laurent, often referred to as “The Main,” one of the city’s most happening places.
On your way home from work, grab a smoked meat sandwich at Schwartz’s; on your way out, enjoy an affordable tartare at Marché 27; and on a Friday night, sip a cold sake at the well-hidden Big in Japan Bar. This condo is offered for rent fully furnished and equipped, which means all you need is your luggage!
– Deluxe condo in a sleek architectural construction of 2010 “Dix sur le Main.”
– Spacious loft-style living space of 1,036 square feet
– Granite countertops in kitchen and bathroom
– Private balcony
Contact Karine for more info at firstname.lastname@example.org.