Whether you’re indulging your own taste buds or want to make a splash at your fifth holiday party of the week, we have an insider’s opinion on the best bottles you can buy this festive season.
Last week we told you about our favourite handcrafted local sparkling wine, while today it’s all about France’s rich and complex Louis Roederer Brut Premier Champagne (268771 (XD) 750 mL $69.95).
‘Cause the holidays, in their most traditional sense, represent all that is good on earth.
And a bottle from the world’s best bubbly region for the holiday dinner table definitely falls under that umbrella.
Here’s why you’ll love it:
– Nothing exemplifies luxury and style more than Champagne. The gold-standard metaphor for quality, it has an allure that transcends cultural boundaries and has made it the drink of choice for elegant events and special celebrations the world over – your holiday party included.
– Behind the glamour lies a famously labour-intensive process and strict ageing regimen that has often been imitated and modified, but never equaled. Hey, there’s a reason you can’t just call any sparkling wine ‘Champagne’. Seriously.
– Louis Roederer is one of the Champagne region’s most recognizable names and has been shaping our understanding of the world’s best bubbles for seven generations.
– Winespectator.com scores this impressive selection 92 points. That’s ‘outstanding’ according to their 100-point scale, if you were curious.
– This elegant Champagne is bright and juicy, offering flavours of green and yellow apple, tangerine, and ground ginger, with a hint of graham cracker. It shows lovely texture with a mouthwatering finish and is best enjoyed now through 2018.
Be sure to check back next week as we continue to run down our top recommendations from VINTAGES’ impressive holiday wine selection.