Whether you’re indulging your own taste buds or want to make a splash at your fifth holiday party of the week, we have an insider’s opinion on the best bottles you can buy this festive season.
Last week we told you about our favourite Californian blend, while today it’s all about going local with a premium sparkler by Henry of Pelham called the Cuvée Catharine Carte Blanche 2008 (315200 (D) 750 mL $44.95).
‘Cause the holidays, in their most traditional sense, represent all that is good on earth.
And a luxurious bottle of local bubbly for the holiday dinner table definitely falls under that umbrella.
Here’s why you’ll love it:
– We’re in the middle of the year’s most bubbly season – you simply can’t find a more fitting choice.
– This Cuvée is made using the same time-honoured method as the world’s leading Champagnes.
– It’s a fabulously complex, crisp sparkler made exclusively from Chardonnay grapes, with enchanting aromas of freshly baked bread, summer flowers, and yellow apple.
– Critic Dean Tudor awarded this wine 4 Stars (out of 5) – that’s 91+ points in quality-to-price rating terms – in his Wine Trade Winds Diary (Sept. 2014).
– You’ll love it paired with lighter seafood like salmon caviar and Malpeque oysters. In other words, the fancy holiday party food you’re going to be eating over the next two weeks.
Be sure to check back next week as we continue to run down our top recommendations from VINTAGES’ impressive holiday wine selection.