1. Describe what you do in less than 140 characters. Go.
I’m a fashion photographer. (In the making. Always evolving.)
2. What was the inspiration for your career route?
I’ve always gone with the flow; never really questioned where I was going, just followed my instincts and, most importantly, my heart. From an artistic kid who loved to draw and paint, to then a teenage girlie girl who loved clothes and makeup, to now, a fashion photographer, I think the process to who I am today and what I do was pretty natural. Add to all this a program in Visual Arts and then a program in Commercial Photography. It always helps to dabble and try a bit of everything to see what you like and guide you a bit more towards what you really want to do.
3. What is the most memorable milestone in your career so far?
This past year (2015) has been pretty good to me. I don’t have one big memorable milestone in mind, but a collection of moments instead: Being approached by different companies to work/collaborate with, receiving “fan mail” from people who say they love what I do, getting requests from starting photographers who want to assist me and even getting “recognized” (I’m no public figure here) by some people who follow me on social media!
4. Where do you see yourself in 5 years, 10 years, 20 years?
Going with the flow means, to me at least, not really stressing about the future. So to be honest, I have no clue where I’ll be in 5/10/20 years – but I’ll do my best to enjoy the ride until then! Keeping a positive attitude, grabbing every opportunity passing by and continuing to work as hard as I am, all I can do is hope for a fabulous career. “The dream is free, the hustle is sold separately.”
5. Do you have any advice for other young professionals?
Keep doing what you love and understand that you’ll have to sacrifice a lot to get where you want to get. Work hard (duh), be positive (always), never talk negatively about others (although sometimes very hard) and don’t be afraid to ask for help (no one is perfect).
6. Do you support any charities? If so, which one(s) and why is it (or they) important to you?
Not one in particular. I try and give, as much as I can, to different charities.
7. What does the word notable mean to you?
Worth mentioning. #Successful
1. Where is your favourite place to wine/dine in your city and why?
As long as there are burgers on the menu, I’m good to go! I love “simple” food, much to the dismay of my foodie husband.
2. What’s the most visited website on your Internet browser?
Facebook. I’m always plugged in to check on my official/professional page, stay connected with friends/clients, and see what events are coming up.
3. Who’s one person you think everyone should be following on social media?
Camille Dg! Ok, maybe I’m a little “biased” on this one because we’ve been working together for the past year… But I truly believe that she’s worth the follow. Down to earth, hard working and successful entrepreneur, fun and adventure seeking; there’s always something interesting on her page/feed!
4. What’s your favourite cocktail?
Gin 7’Up, please!
5. What gives you the greatest FOMO?
Homebody glued to Facebook = bad mix! I see all the events go by and I want to go so badly, fearing that it’s THE event of the month… but I’m so comfortable at home. I have a love/hate relationship with Facebook.
6. What would be your last meal? And don’t hold back…
Some kind of “Epic Meal Time” dish! A mix between a burger and a pizza. And a chocolate-y dessert, of course.
7. What’s your guiltiest pleasure?
Online shopping! I work, most of the time, on my computer. So it’s pretty easy to just click away in another window and start shopping and looking around for sales. I can waste so much time over this… or finally not buy anything.