After the year we’ve all had, we think a tequila shot is in order.
If you prefer to sip yours slowly instead, we’ve got some new takes on classic holiday cocktail combinations featuring our favourite premium brand, Aguamiel Tequila. Their tequila makes the perfect gift – US-based readers can order a bottle of their Blanco or Reposado at shopaguamieltequila.com. If you’re reading in Canada, you can find it in Ontario, Newfoundland BC, and Calgary at select stores including the LCBO and Zyn.
Pssst, head to our Instagram right NOW for a chance to win a holiday gift basket from Aguamiel Tequila!
- 1.5 ounces Aguamiel Tequila – Blanco
- 3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 3/4 ounce agave nectar or honey
- 1 egg white
- Garnish with fresh cranberries
Add all ingredients to a shaker without ice and shake for 10 seconds.
Add ice to the shaker and shake 2-3 times.
Strain over ice
Garnish with fresh cranberries
Mexican Holiday Coco
Makes 2 cups
- 2 cups milk of choice
- 2 tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar or sweetener of choice
- Pinch of sea salt salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 oz Aguamiel tequila – Reposado
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick
- To make hot chocolate, add all ingredients except for tequila to a small saucepan. Whisk to combine. Heat on low until mixture comes to a gentle boil, stirring. Remove from heat.
- Add tequila and whisk again.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick
- 1.5 oz Aguamiel Tequila – Reposado
- 0.5 oz Italian red bitter liqueur
- 0.5 oz Extra dry vermouth
- 0.5 oz Sweet vermouth
- Aromatic Bitters
Stir all ingredients with ice and strain into ice-filled glass.
Garnish with orange peel.
Tequila Naranja Old Fashion (1 drink)
Picture Credit: Rebeca Zavaleta, @rebecazavaletaulch
- 2 oz. (60 ml) Aguamiel Tequila – Blanco
- 3 allspice berries, coarsely cracked
- 1 small cinnamon stick, coarsely cracked
- 2 cups (16 fl. oz./500 ml) pomegranate juice
- 2 cups (14 oz./440 g) of brown sugar
- 1 Tbs. peeled and grated fresh ginger
- Pinch of salt
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 orange
- Add 1 cup (8 fl. oz./250 ml) of the pomegranate juice, brown sugar, cinnamon stick, ginger and salt to the pan.
- Heat the mixture, stirring, until all of the sugar has dissolved; do not allow the mixture to boil.
- Once the sugar is dissolved, remove the mixture from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Once cool, add the remaining 1 cup (8 fl. oz./250 ml) pomegranate juice and stir to combine. Strain the liquid
Spicy Passion Fruit Tequila Sour
Picture Credit: Sarah Gualtieri, @the.boozy.ginger
- 2 oz tabasco infused Aguamiel – Blanco
- 1 oz lime juice
- 1/2 oz passion fruit syrup
- 1/2 oz egg white
Add all ingredients to a shaker without ice. Shake for 15 seconds then add ice and shake again. Strain into a chilled glass. Garnish with lime wheel and tabasco pepper.
- 2oz Aguamiel Blanco
- 1.5 oz Lime Juice
- Pour Aguamiel Tequila in a glass
- Add Lime Juice
- Fill up cup with ice
- Top off with Topo Chico
- Sprinkle Salt
Head to our Instagram now for a chance to win a luxe gift basket to make your holidays extra festive this year with Aguamiel Tequila.