Newsflash: Christmas is in T-3 days.
That’s right, 72 hours ‘til Santa.
Whether it’s a heavy workload or the non-stop rush of holiday parties that have gotten in the way of your holiday shopping, no need to panic.
Worry, maybe. Panic, not yet.
‘Cause we’re here with a collection of the best last-minute local shopping ideas you can still pick up before it’s too late.
Not only will you score great gifts for the ones you love, but you’ll also be supporting our city’s finest young creative entrepreneurs.
Talk about a Christmas miracle.
1. This special pink bedtime set by The Sleep Shirt was a joint collaboration between Alexandra Suhner Isenberg and Rebecca Rawlinson, the owner of Rebecca Bree. Though the website is already sold out, the last of this edition can still be found at the boutique.
2. Make a winter white statement with the Herschel Supply Co Nelson Backpack. Headquartered here in Vancouver, this stylish and sturdy backpack, new for fall 2014, can be great for either the guy or gal in your life. Find them at Little Burgundy and online.
3. Vancouver Candle Company has been quickly growing with five scents named after distinctly different neighbourhoods: Point Grey, Gastown, Fairview, Kitsilano, and Strathcona. Get your candles everyday until 7pm at their pop-up shop located inside Hudson’s Bay Vancouver until December 23rd.
4. Give a piece of artwork as a gift. Not only art though, you can choose an image or set of words that’s specific to the gift recipient to make it even more personal. Prints by I See Noise are the perfect option. Don’t worry, this isn’t just a girl thing – there are prints for men too. L’Atelier Home in Gastown will be fully stocked.
5. A new locally developed brand, Happy Spritz, has a perfect set of their handcrafted aromatherapy sprays that are as natural and good for the environment as it gets. Choose from the Gentlemen Trio, Essentials Trio, or Holiday Duo that contains their Feeling Mighty Pine and Tis The Season scents.
6. Something comfy that you automatically always reach for or throw on when running out the door: Vancity Original Light Weight Crewneck. Represent Van with style in the classic black and red logo that has become known all over the city. Get it at Dipt.
7. Need a gift for the host or hostess? Swing by The Pie Shoppe Pie in Chinatown for the best damn apple – or whatever is coming fresh out of the oven – pies in town. You’re technically checking one thing off the list when it comes to dinner prep, too. They stay open until they sell out.
8. We already told you all about Landeau. So if you think poinsettia giving is getting played out, opt for roses instead. Want white roses? Just make a request in the notes box when ordering online, otherwise we’re fans of the Point Des Arts to match the colours of the holiday season.
9. A beard can go from urban chic to a hairy situation before you know it. Nudge the beard in your life in the cool grooming direction with Fortknight’s Beard Balm. Many other products are also available to ensure the entire above-the-neck situation is always on point.
10. As if we didn’t already love all things Dirty Apron, their variety of boxes are the latest hit. Back for the holiday season, choose from our favourites: The Dude, The Love Affair, or Fresh Feast. You can pre-order and have it delivered too.