The Wardrobe Detectives are #YYC fashion enthusiasts and personal stylists. You can find more of their great advice at wardrobedetectives.ca
Dressing in the morning is a huge issue for every woman, especially if you work in a business environment where certain rules and dress codes need to be followed.
Accountants, lawyers, CEOs – they all struggle with the same problem: the fear of black and white.
Usually women think they have just a few options when they open their closets every morning, including a black pantsuit, a pencil skirt, and a white blouse. And as much as we love these classic items, we also think summer is the perfect season for you to experiment some new office style. From colour to texture, here are eight amazing summer office options:
1. Choose a gray plaid empowering pantsuit instead of the classic black one. Button up the blazer and wear it without a camisole or a tank top. However, make sure your neckline is still suitable with your dress code.
2. We love this structured dress by Jason Wu. It offers a different perspective of texture and design. If you wear a classic black and white ensemble, place your bets on the cut.
3. A vibrant print can help you upgrade a banal shape and transform a dress into a statement piece. Consider a bold red handbag if you want to add some colour to your outfit. You can cover your shoulders with a cashmere cardigan or a blazer in case it’s mandatory.
4. Mixing fabrics can be as much fun as mixing prints. A silk draped burgundy top will look fabulous with a knitted skirt with back ruffles. Those sandals might be too much for a restrictive office, but you can pull them off if you work in a more laid-back company.
5. A grey & red colour combo is more stylish and appealing than the usual black & red. A small slit will give it a sexy vibe, while the peplum top will make your outfit more romantic and feminine.
6. Summer is all about bold colours and prints. You can always go for a mix and match ensemble, especially if you work in a creative environment like a PR agency or a marketing firm.
7. A printed wrap dress is the perfect office outfit for those lazy days when you’re not in the mood to dress up. Diane von Furstenberg is generally known for designing the best wrap dresses out there.
8. If you’re as big a fan of the midi tube skirts as we are, swap the classic black for a bold leopard print. To balance, make sure the other parts of your outfit remain simple and neutral.
All outfits from www.the-upside.ca, the first Canadian online luxury consignment boutique.