Last night Kanye West unveiled his Yeezy Season 3 collection at Madison Square Garden on the first day of New York Fashion Week.
He also used the show as a live ‘listening party’ for his seventh album, Life of Pablo.
And while many of us have day dreamed of what it might be like to walk a runway at NYFW, you might not want to walk it for Mr. West.
His models are apparently required to follow a strict list of 38 rules, which include: ‘no smile’, ‘alter between attention and ease’, ‘do not act cool’ and ‘do not ever look a the jumbotron’, to name a few.
And unlike an average fashion show that lasts eight minutes or so, the Yeezy models were required to stand for the entire album, which lasted at least half an hour. In case the models got tired, they were permitted to lie down, which is nice.
The list of rules was shared on social media before the show, and it looked like the entire group pretty much nailed it judging from videos and photos post-performance.
— Complex (@ComplexMag) February 11, 2016
The Full List:
1. Quiet Please
2. No Whisper
3. No Smile
4. No Dancing
5. No Sing. Unless Instructed
6. No Eye Contact
7. No Acting
8. No Fast Movements
9. No Slow Movements
10. No Sharp Moves
11. Natural Movement
12. Show Pride
13. Hold Your Position
14. Stay In Character
15. Alternate between attention and ease
16. No sitting down all at the same time
17. Do not make the same movements at the same time
18. If you want to move you can shift your weight
19. If you are tired, sit down or lye (sic) down.
20. Concentrate, focus
21. Do not look at camera
22. Hold positions until the end of the show
23. Do not take off your clothes or your shoes
24. Loosen up, no stiffness
25. Do not be casual
26. Stand straight
27. No sexy posing
28. Do not act cool
29. You are a picture
30. Be calm. Be strong. Be neutral
31. Behave as if no one was in the room
32. Do not break the rules
33. Know that your actions reflect within the group
34. Your behavior affects the conduct of others
35. Be aware of others and be precautios (sic)
36. Before the end of the performance get up and stand up straight
37. Keep your assigned position on the floor
38. Do not ever look at the jumbotron