Hannah Yakobi is an award-winning journalist and communications specialist. Throughout her career, she has written for the National Post, OK! Magazine, the Ottawa Citizen, Canwest newspaper network and dozens of publications around the world. Currently, she is the Editor-in-Chief of FAJO Magazine, a Canadian publication with staff in Canada, U.S. and U.K.
Summer is in full swing!
Ladies – if you have plans to travel somewhere with an ocean or sea, head to the cottage on a lake, go to Toronto’s islands or simply jump into your pool, this is your perfect opportunity to invest in a brand new swimsuit.
Gentlemen – if you are looking for a gift for your loved one, swimsuits are always a great option, and are also a fun to look for together (you can provide your suggestions and help your lady pick a sexy piece!).
But before you go shopping, here are some trends that you should bear in mind:
1. Graphics make a strong comeback this season, with plenty of abstract prints.
2. There are a lot of sculptural pieces that bring a focus to the body, including single strap swimsuits for shoulder accents.
3. This is the summer to be seductive. Slits and deep V-necks create a va va voom effect.
4. Crochet, crochet, crochet. It’s all over the runway this season and in all forms, including dresses, bikinis and blouses.
5. The nautical theme never really disappears and it is once again a key trend this summer.
6. Vintage glamour is also particularly prominent with plenty of looks à la 50s.
7. The colours are bright! Think citrus, coral, cobalt and fuchsia.
8. The tribal look is also a good choice this season.
9. If you want to keep it classic, pick a black-and-white colour combination, which is a hot trend as well.
10. Naturally, nothing looks sexier than a fully white swimsuit. It never goes out of style either, so if you’d like a timeless, signature piece, this is your best bet.
All photos courtesy Victoria’s Secret