Regardless of how hard we work, once in a while young professionals absolutely need to blow off some steam. Across Canada, boutique hotels are a safe way to relax (or party) in the optimal environment. They consistently offer luxury and class, in a “non-corporate” setting – we all need to take off our tie once in a while. We’ve rounded up our favourite boutique hotels in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver depending on what you’re looking for.
1) For the Trendsetter – Thompson Toronto: Whether you’re craving a decadent pasta dish at Scarpetta, a hand-roll from Wabora or a gourmet burger from The Counter, The Thompson has you covered for some of the best food while you rub shoulders with Toronto Elite.
2) For the Sophisticated – The Hazelton Hotel: This five star hotel is the house to Mark McEwan’s restaurant ONE, a private screening room and suites and vibes that are sophisticated and sexy.
3) For the Arts & Culturite – Hotel Arts: New art installations, vibrant guests, and an outdoor pool that is home to some of Calgary’s most renowned poolside events, Hotel Arts attracts the culturally-savvy Calgary young professionals as well as those travelling to Calgary who are truly “in the know”.
4) For the Traditional – Windsor Arms Hotel: With 24 hour butler service and a reputation for having one of the best tea rooms in the city, this hotel is the perfect getaway for the new school folk who appreciate the history of the building itself, ready to indulge and be served.
5) For the Pet Lover – Hotel Le Germain: Simply mention you’re bringing your pup along for a stay and the hotel will arrange a pet-food mat, bowls for water and food and a bed for your little woofer. It also has a putting green on the roof and twenty different languages are spoken at the hotel, ensuring each guest is greeted and taken care of in their native language.
6) For the Zen – Cosmopolitan Hotel: As you check in, you’re offered to choose from a selection of incense to relax you during your stay, where you will hopefully check out the hotel’s five-star Shizen Spa. All room’s come equipped with a meditation mat, relaxation CD’s, a 24-hour meditation channel and Zen-inspired bath products.
7) For the Chic Partier – Opus Montreal: Young professionals from across Canada that have spent ant time at the Opus will tell you that not only is it swanky and pristinely kept in it’s unique minimalistic way, but that Coco is one of the best places to party in the Country. Try it. Trust us.
8) For the Sun Lover – The Keefer Suites: This Vancouver hotel offers the hottest poolside party in the summer. You would think you were lounging at Nikki Beach in St. Tropez but really you’re doing right in your own Canadian backyard.
9) For the Chic Partier (again) – Opus Vancouver: Spend a few nights at the Opus Vancouver and you’ll see why it had to also make the list along with the Opus Montreal. Located in Yaletown, at the Opus Vancouver you can expect knowledgable and trendy staff (as in, you may want to invite them out with you, trendy), truly minimalistic but well-equipped rooms, perks like complimentary shoe-shining, a BMW 7-Series with a driver that is virtually at your disposal, and even to our pleasant surprise, when the sun goes down you will find lounge music along with your lights being set to dim. Let’s not forget 100 Nights, the resto-lounge inside the hotel that rivals for the top spot in Vancouver apres-work fun.