Some people still insist on cooking to make the rest of us look bad.
But most pavement-pounding, perpetually multi-tasking young professionals enjoy sitting down and settling in to some solid take out whenever the opportunity arises.
Which is why you own a phone, tablet, computer, voice, etc. – to create those opportunities.
And during 2014, Canadians used their devices A LOT to order takeout food. In fact, Just-Eat.ca delivered 1.5 million orders (and counting) over the past 12 months.
So, in case you were wondering how your orders stacked up against the rest of the country, here’s what Canada had delivered to their doors in 2014.
Top Takeout Trends for 2014:
1. Quebec City’s most commonly ordered type of cuisine was Vietnamese… perhaps they’re all poutine’d out?
2. Western Canada ordered over 6x more pizza than Eastern Canada. All that skiing and snowboarding calls for some major carbohydrate fuel, after all.
3. Noka Japanese Cuisine in Toronto received more takeout orders than any other restaurant in Canada. So if you live in Toronto, you now have a new sushi joint to check out.
4. Hungry residents of Vancouver ordered Japanese food over 23,000 times. And we suddenly have a craving at the moment to make that 23,001 right now.
5. Just-eat.ca delivered over 180,000 pizzas throughout Canada. That’s a lot of pies.
6. Quebec is the only province where deli food made the top 10 favourite types of food. We admit, “deli” isn’t the first thing we think when it comes to takeout.
7. Toronto ordered more Mexican food than any other city. This isn’t surprising, given ample (and growing) number of Mexican restaurants – Torontonians definitely love to spice it up.
So, have you thought about what you’re going to ‘make’ for dinner tonight?