Today’s Notable Young Entrepreneurs are Amy Pearson and Ashley Holden, two lifelong friends with a passion for lingerie and helping women feel beautiful. We caught up with them to find out what inspires them and what advice they would share with other young professionals…
1. Describe what you do in less than 140 characters. Go.
We are the founders of Stole My Heart – a new lingerie boutique that encourages women to indulge in their unique tastes and feel comfortable and confident in their skin.
2. What was the inspiration for your career route?
We had both been in corporate roles and were anxious for a new challenge – one that satisfied our creative natures and would allow us to speak to some of the issues we as women face about our bodies, sexuality, and femininity.
3. What is the most memorable milestone in your career so far?
Finding our new home at 1504 Dundas West – it finally made everything we’d been working towards seem real!
4. Where do you see yourself in 5 years, 10 years, 20 years?
In five years, we will be opening our third boutique in Toronto; in 10 years, Stole My Heart will be across Canada; and in 20 years (hopefully sooner), we’d like to be international! We’re also in the process of developing our own line, which we will be rolling out in stages over the next couple of years.
5. Do you have any advice for other young professionals?
Don’t let anyone tell you that your dreams aren’t valid. Every successful business started with a dream.
6. Do you support any charities? If so, which one(s) and why is it (or they) important to you?
We support a couple of charities focused on the empowerment of women in Canada and around the world.
7. What is one major challenge that you’ve had to overcome in your career? How did you overcome it?
Both being A-type personalities, we found it challenging to admit when we didn’t know or weren’t good at something. It took some practice, but once we started asking for the help we needed, it made all the difference.
8. What does the word notable mean to you?
To us, notable means breaking the mold.
1. Where is your favourite place to wine/dine in your city and why?
The Ace on Roncey for dinner and cocktails or the Hyatt rooftop bar for a martini.
3. Who’s one person you think everyone should be following on social media?
Us! And Lauren over at This Renegade Love.
4. What’s your favourite country to visit and why? And what’s the next one you plan on traveling to?
Italy was a favorite for both of us because, well, pasta and wine, you know? Next up for us is France in search of some amazing new lingerie designers.
5. What’s your guiltiest pleasure?
Champagne – but we don’t feel that guilty about it.
6. What’s something you wish you didn’t spend so much money on? What’s something you wish you spent more on?
We spend way too much money at Sephora…and on shoes! We should spend more on lingerie – a good foundation is so important. We’re definitely going to rectify that by shopping all the amazing brands we’re bringing in to Stole My Heart.
7. And finally, what does success look like to you? Work, play, or otherwise…
Success is finding something that is fulfilling – something that makes you happy to go to work every day. And, balancing that with a life full of friends, family, and the time to enjoy them.