Currently in Canada it’s cold, wet, and dark – with no signs of improvement any time soon. If just reading that sentence made you shiver, you’re not alone.
If you’re looking for inspiration to overcome the winter blues, we’ve compiled a list of five ways to harness those coveted summer vibes.
1. Plan a trip: Even if taking a vacation is just a pipe dream, research shows that the simple act of planning the trip is enough to give you a mood boost. According to a Sunwing survey, 95% of Canadian travellers agreed that just knowing they have a vacation coming up brings them joy and 70% feel more motivated at work if they know they have a vacation to look forward to — known as the “Holiday Halo Effect.” If you do have some vacation time booked, why not take advantage of the mid-winter sales. Sunwing is having a Blue Monday Buster Sale starting today until January 19th. You can save up to 60% on all inclusive vacation packages. To make things easier Sunwing has even come up their favourite ways to escape the winter blues – from diving in the coral reefs of Bonaire to relaxing in an infinity pool in the Bahamas there’s lots of vacation inspiration.
2. Get a Vitamin D Lamp: If you’re struggling to get out of bed in the morning because of the dark, a Vitamin D therapy lamp could help by simulating the same physiological response your body has to the sun. On a milder note, you could get an alarm clock that imitates a sunrise.
3. Bring the tropics to you: Sunwing’s Blue Monday Buster beach on wheels will be touring the city all day long. Starting the day off at 299 Queen St. West from 6 – 9 a.m., the Blue Monday Buster truck will make its way around the city before stopping at Front and Simcoe from 3:30 to 6 p.m. Outfitted with real sand, a hammock, a breathtaking backdrop of a Mexican sunny paradise and most importantly heaters to keep passersby warm and cozy. There will also be a Mariachi band performing, free Mexican food, swag and exciting giveaways, including travel vouchers. You could pick up a scratch and save card be rewarded with vouchers off your next vacation or even an all-inclusive vacation for two to Mexico. For more info and to track the truck visit sunwing.ca/events.
4. Work Out: A Harvard study demonstrated that walking fast for about 35 minutes a day five times a week could boost your mood. Put on an upbeat playlist and get those endorphins pumping.
5. Sharpen your skill set or learn something new: We’re only as valuable as our skills. When the weather is terrible outside, make the most of your the time inside by starting that online course you’ve been putting off on photography, coding, knitting, etc.
But for today we vote for #3 – injecting a little tropical flavour and heading to Sunwing’s Blue Monday Buster. For more information on the Sunwing’s beach on wheels, click here.