From runway shows, to the red carpet, to the city streets – who wants to just wear a dress anymore?
Though this newfound trend seems unconventionally excessive, this season’s pairings are luxuriously sophisticated.
And besides, it’s a great excuse to wear your inappropriately short dresses again…
1. Emma Watson donned a red Dior apron dress with streamlined trousers showing off a sleek and sexy take on the trend.
2. 3.1 Phillip Lim’s pre-fall 2014 collection featured simple lined, black-and-white combination pencil skirts with cropped classy pants.
3. Spruce up monochromatic colors and classic pieces with bold layering and striking accessories.
4. The Barbara Bui collection featured a masculine modern rendition.
5. J Brand’s version of a skirt over pants is easy to wear, presenting skinny leather leggings and an above the knee, flared skirt.
6. Blogger Leandra Medine opted for a notable interpretation by layering a full midi skirt over cigarette jeans.
7. A high fashion, yet low fuss way to wear a skirt over pants is by matching a plaid button up and informal boots.
8. Another unexpected version of the trend was presented in Acne Studios pre-fall collection with a chic cocktail dress and satin skinny pants.
9. Valentino matched an eccentric blouse and tailored trousers.
10. Dior balanced a short, flared dress with a slender, polished trouser.
11. Combine two of our favorite trends at once with a slip dress and a pair of destroyed boyfriend jeans.
12. Leandra Medine pulled off the skirt over pants trend again when she admirably colourblocked a mini puff skirt with slim, burgundy, pencil jeans and a white tank.
Image credits in order: thetrendspotter.net, eonline.com, chicous.com, fabsugar.com, chicous.com, chicous.com, fashioneered.blogspot.com, cosmopolitan.com.au, chicous.com, graziadaily.co.uk, good-kovka.com, graziadaily.co.uk, graziadaily.co.uk
Want more updates on the most Notable things happening so you know before your colleagues do? Get our exclusive newsletter here and follow us on Twitter for all the latest.