Twenty years ago yesterday, The Raptors officially revealed their name. And we thought, daaaammmmmnnn that makes us feel old. ‘Cause we remember all the hype surrounding the big unveiling, including the naming competition in the newspaper our parents clearly didn’t actually send our idea to. (The Skywalkers? Come on. That’s marketing genius for a 10-year-old.) But we digress. The point is, it got us to thinking that there’s a lot out there that makes us feel real old, real fast. And since we didn’t want to suffer alone we thought we’d share a few facts with you…
1. Jonas Valanciunas had just turned TWO when Toronto formally named the team he’d later play for.
If it makes you feel any better, he was probably just as streaky in the post then as he is now.
2. Seinfeld ended 16 years ago.
16 years and nine days ago to be exact. And you want to be my latex salesman.
3. Mr. Dressup is dead.
Sure, it happened a while ago, but that sentence just seems to go against our entire childhood.
4. The Backstreet boys have been around for more than two decades.
Twice has long as The Beatles. TWICE.
6. ‘The Rachel’ haircut debuted 20 years ago.
This one’s super confusing because Jennifer Aniston is still hot.
7. If Bart Simpson was 10 years old in The Simpsons’ first season he’d now be 35.
And Homer, born May 12, 1953, would have just turned 61.
8. Ace Venture was made 20 YEARS AGO.
At least one person in your office still says ‘alrighty then’ without any trace of irony.
9. Will Smith is now older than Uncle Phil when Fresh Prince debuted.
And very sadly, James Avery died late last year.
10. The song “Jump” by Kris Kross is older than Miley Cyrus.
And you still get way too excited every time it comes on.
11. As of this September, nobody entering high school will have been born in the 90s.
And now your day has officially been ruined.
#LYNL | (Live Your Notable Life)