The exclusive new Bisha hotel, opening Fall 2017 in Toronto, is looking for the perfect Catering & Events Manager to offer a premium level of hospitality to its global guest list of jet-setters. The select candidate will join Bisha’s brand new team of Toronto’s most creative and charismatic hospitality professionals.
Tell me more about the Bisha team
Bisha Hotel employs a team of culture-seekers by day and spectacle-throwers by night, and they’re all creatives at heart. Each member of the Bisha Hotel team was born to host and believes that premium experiences don’t have to be stodgy, and that being unorthodox doesn’t have to be uncomfortable.
The Bisha Hotel brand values quality and sophistication, but they don’t take themselves too seriously. Bisha is “in constant pursuit of the unconventional”, celebrating the vanguards, the misfits and the pioneers.
Tell me more about the Catering and Events Manager role
Reporting to Area Director of Sales & Marketing, this position concentrates on servicing catering and events in the Corporate segment, as well as Social, Incentive and select National Key Accounts. Providing one-on-one personalized service to clients including new and existing accounts, in-house entertainment, themed local sales calls, sales blitz opportunities specifically on the local market, telephone prospecting and servicing. Candidate must present an outstanding professional image of Bisha Hotel and Residences ensuring total guest/client satisfaction.
- Develops and sustains relationship with clients by maintaining contact on a regular basis
- Prepares quarterly action plan of sales efforts/initiatives for the catering department and all F&B venues
- Plans and executes themed sales calls on a local level
- Hosts and attends in-house client events
- Works closely and meets all deadlines as assigned by Area Director of Sales and Marketing
- Works closely with Regional and Head Office Team on all assigned projects
- Provides personal attention to client, at all times, to ensure total guest satisfaction
- Prepares all proposals/contracts for all guest requests*Conducts site inspections of the hotel
- Communicates with GM and DOSM in qualifying business
- Maintains all activity information by account in Delphi System
- Responsible for providing DOSM with month-end figures and sales efforts recap
- Identify top accounts booking events locally and aggressively pursue for business
- Send mailers and email blasts to clients as need arises for promotion of hotel events and/or need periods
- Plan and host events for meeting planners and specific accounts
- Telephone prospecting for new business booking the destination
- Attend all trade shows as assigned
- Effectively qualifies catering business for optimal revenue.
- Maintains an updated “Free Sell” calendar by communicating constantly with the Sales Department.
- Outlines all details of catering events in the form of BEO’s and other reports so as to provide timely information to hotel departments regarding set-up, purchasing, and scheduling needs.
- Obtains guarantees within 72 hour time frame and follows established guidelines within the Catering/Conference Management department relating to paperwork.
- Sends all BEO’s to clients for their review.
- Plans meal tasting’s when appropriate within established guidelines.
- Is on site during the functions to assist the client and hotel with delivery of product and service.
- Provides outstanding customer service to clients while they are in the hotel to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- Maintains accuracy of catering events information in Delphi.
- Assists in building strong relations with other hotel departments, employees, and outside agencies and vendors.
- Receives convention files from Sales Department and reviews them for accuracy and thoroughness.
- Provides initial written communication with client once file is received and take over the communication from the signature of the contract with sales manager.
- Outlines all details of convention events in the form or BEO’s and other reports so as too provide timely information to hotel departments regarding set-up, purchasing, and scheduling needs.
- Responsible for receiving rooming list on time and monitoring reservations receipt and entry and group pickup.
- Prepare group resumes containing detail of all reservations, billing and BEO reservation.
- Distributes BEO’s and group Resumes to appropriate hotel department to facilitate efficient purchasing, planning and employee scheduling.
- Schedules and coordinates pre-convention meetings for all assigned groups.
- Ensure that information regarding daily group functions are clearly posted via the hotel guest information system and in general meeting areas.
- Prepares monthly food and beverage forecast for the 30-60-90 report.
- Tracks and prepares report on variance to forecasted food and beverage revenue.
- 3+ years of catering/events experience required
- Enthusiastic, driven, positive, hardworking professional who can rise to the occasion in high pressure situations
- Experience with event budgets, contracts for venues, logistics, agendas, catering, event registration and promotion
- Excellent computer skills
Bisha Hotel Toronto is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the workplace. All applicants that qualify will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristics protected by the Human Rights Code.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided to applicants with disabilities at all stages of the selection process upon request.
About Loews Hotels
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.